Frequently Asked Questions
How do you print on shirts/bags/etc.?
Screen Printing - This is a common and very durable method of decorating fabric. We utilize screen printing for large custom orders and popular items. Though it is fast and inexpensive, the setup is long and costly. To make the setup worth the cost, generally at least a dozen items are needed for single color prints.
Heat Press CAD Cut Vinyls - Almost as durable as screen printing but without the labor intense setup. This method is great for groups that order 1 to 24 items at a time. We also use this method for materials that do not absorb ink readily, such as polyester and nylon. Also, this method offers unique finishes such as Reflectives, Metals, Puff, or Flock, which is a felt-like material.
Combinations - One example is a screen printed design with dimensional Flock overlay. These rich designs are on trend right now. We can combine multiple products and techniques for all sorts of looks.
Where do you get your designs?
We make them. No clipart here! If you see a one of our designs somewhere else, they probably stole it.
Can you design/make a shirt for my school/business/team?
We sure can! If you already have a design, setup fees are $25. If you need a custom design, $50 and up. T-shirts usually run from $10 to $20 depending on how many colors and whether both sides are printed. Contact us and we can get you a free estimate.
Can my school's Spirit Wear be sold on your site?
If you let us make it. We can work with your school's PTO or Booster Club to design a Spirit Wear program. We can take your existing designs or make something new and unique, we don't use clipart. In these cases we may even waive the design fees. We can work out a per item premium that will go to the PTO or Boosters as a fund raiser. Drop us a line.
Do you make your shirts? What brands do you use? Which brand is best?
We do not construct the products we make, we only print on them. We use national brand manufacturers and apply our designs to their products. We recommend different brands for different situations. This is just a partial list, we can work with any brand you prefer.
- Alstyle - Our shirt of choice. They do shrink a bit more then we'd like, but they feel great. Comfortable, stylish cut and great colors.
- Rothco - Need a unique look? Rothco is a military uniform manufacturer. They offer a variety of camouflage colors and some vintage looks. Plus, they are military durable.
- Jerzees - Low cost. Great color options. Soft feel, breathable, and lightweight. A bit longer and more of a fitted cut than other low cost brands. CONS: Less durable and tend to shrink over time.
- Gildan - Low cost. Favorite among our peers. Durable and holds shape without shrinking. CONS: A bit heavy and too warm for physical activities in 90+ weather.
- American Apparel - Premium cost. 100% American made. High fashion fitted cut. Durable even though they are very lightweight. Holds shape without shrinking. Super soft and comfortable. CONS: Several times more expensive than low cost brands.
- Alternative Apparel - High cost. Earth-friendly production practices and materials. Comparable to American Apparel, but less expensive. CONS: Around 2 times more expensive than low cost brands.